a TAPIF language assistant blog / un blog d’une assistante d’anglais

Like "So you think you can France?" Come join me at my new home, Katy on the Road!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

The day I became famous in French

My life for the past two weeks (since April 16th, my last day of work) has been basically a constant stream of fun things with my friends. You'll get the lowdown later, but for today here's a little tidbit: on Tuesday, April 23rd, Emily, Lottie, & I went to the nearby beach of Leucate to do something I'd never heard of called Stand-up Paddle. (It's called Stand-up Paddle in French, too!) In the end, I ended up being interviewed by the French tv station, TF1, for the national news.

Because, well, you know how it is.

Unfortunately, I'm kind of a mess and didn't really know what I was talking about. It's pretty intimidating to have a stream of questions coming at you in a language that's not your own. But they took a little clip of it and it was actually on the news!

I'm not sure how long the video will be up, but at least for a few days! Check out my ability to embarrass myself in my second language.

No comments:

Post a Comment