a TAPIF language assistant blog / un blog d’une assistante d’anglais

Like "So you think you can France?" Come join me at my new home, Katy on the Road!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Blog, Interrupted.

Bonjour tout le monde! WELL. I have quite obviously dropped off the face of the planet. No worries, I am doing just fine. I'm back in Texas, and have spent the past month unpacking, working, interviewing, repacking, cruising the Caribbean, unpacking again, interviewing again, working again, and trying to fit in seeing all my family and friends I hadn't/haven't seen in 8-9 months! I have worked or interviewed every week day (except one) since I got home (well, that I wasn't on the cruise). It's been... busy. To say the least. I'm blessed. Happy to be home. And exhausted.

But I WILL be returning to finish my blog! I will be first blogging the Q&A, and then I'll be blogging my last few travel locations as well as some closing remarks on the year.

I'm sorry for the delay, thank you for your patience, and stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! I saw your post on the TAPIF fb page, and really enjoyed reading about your time in France. I discovered TAPIF a year or two ago, and I hope to be a participant fall of 2015 after I graduate! I thought I would add some questions for your FAQ page that you plan on doing.

    I know that not all schools in the program have rooms available for teaching assistants, but since yours did I was wondering a couple things... Did you have to pay rent for your room or was it free? Were they comfortable with you staying there or did you get the vibe that you were expected to find an apartment? If you were to have friends visiting, like you did with your German friend, were they allowed to stay in your room on campus with you?

    Generally, one should never inquire about the financial aspects of one's life, so forgive me.. But what did you charge for private English lessons? Did you come up with the fee yourself or base it off what others suggested? Were these lessons done under the table or did you have to register them in some way?

    I loved the south of France when I visited a few years ago, so I loved getting to see your photos. When it came to choosing your top regions, what pushed you away from Paris? Could you maybe compare your experience to the experiences of other assistant friends of yours? Were they jealous of your placement because their rent was high, were you wishing to be somewhere with better public transportation? etc...

    What job did you find after returning home? I read that you were already a HS French teacher, but do you feel like the TAPIF program made you more competitive in the hiring process?

    Sorry if those are complicated questions with long answers, just know your blog has already helped many!

    ReplyDelete