a TAPIF language assistant blog / un blog d’une assistante d’anglais

Like "So you think you can France?" Come join me at my new home, Katy on the Road!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chansons, Pt. 1

Well, as you know, I'm currently on my Greco-Roman adventure, and won't have time to do much real blogging. So here's a post I started when I'd been in Europe only three weeks, but never posted. Enjoy!

.......

I thought I'd do a little something different today... this post is about music! Everyone who knows me well knows that I LOVE music. When I'm comfortable and happy, I sing a lot. Sometimes without even knowing it. (Or when I'm stressed, sometimes I also have to sing as an outlet or an escape.) Anyway, the convenience store where we go for WiFi (Ha, ha. I know.) plays music videos, and I also have a radio on my phone (DE-LUXE!) and while I know a lot of the songs because we play them at home, there are also lots that are new to me. Some I really like, others not so much. But here you go... here's what's playing in France right now! (I know some of the English language songs are probably out in the States already, but they're new to me here. I've been in Europe for three weeks already!)

DISCLAIMER: There's some risqué stuff happening in some of these videos, and if that bothers you, feel free to skip this post and/or just listen (rather than watch). Up to you, of course!

Marlon Roudette feat. Lala Joy "Anti-Hero (Le Saut de l'Ange)"
Canardo feat. Tal "M'en Aller"
SHY'M "On s'en fout de nous"
Khaled "C'est la vie"
Laza Morgan ft. Mavado "One by One"
1789, Les Amants de la Bastille* "Je veux le monde"
1789, Les Amants de la Bastille* "Tomber dans ses yeux"
Simple Plan feat. Sean Paul "Summer Paradise"
Psy "Gangnam Style" This one isn't French (it's actually South Korean) and I have NO idea what's going on. But it cracks.me.up. Also, this one is ALL.OVER.EUROPE. (...and probably the world, but it wasn't in Texas before I left).

Other (English language) songs, including Taylor Swift "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together," Cher Lloyd "I Want You Back," Adele "Skyfall," Carly Rae Jepson "Call Me Maybe," Muse "Madness," David Guetta feat. Sia "She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)", etc. are all over the place as well. 

I plan on doing a post like this periodically (that way I can remember later the sounds of my year in France). Hope you enjoyed your peek into French radio!

*This is a musical about the French Revolution. Haven't seen it, but I know it from these songs.
.......

Also, on an unrelated note, it's my mom's birthday today! Buon compleanno from Rome, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment