a TAPIF language assistant blog / un blog d’une assistante d’anglais

Like "So you think you can France?" Come join me at my new home, Katy on the Road!

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Les souvenirs de Narbonne, Pt. 3: Musical Memories

Okay, so this post isn't necessarily geographically specific to Narbonne (though of course it is to some extent as some music was popular in Narbo but not in Texas), but it is temporally specific to that 2012-2013 year.

Like many people, I find that music is one of the best triggers for memory. Because of this, I wanted to preserve the musical memories (of singing with my little phone radio in my bathroom, of hearing the endless NRJ videos at SPAR, of dancing at Bota til the wee hours of the morning) before I forgot them.

So, when I was in England in May 2013, Lottie and I sat down to make a 2012-2013 playlist on Spotify. And here it is. Every time I listen to it, memories of that year come rushing back. It makes me happy. Unfortunately, not all of the French songs are available on Spotify, but we did what we could. I don't think anyone will actually listen to it, but here it is just in case. Enjoy!

Narbonne 2012-2013 Spotify Playlist

Lines from these songs that ALWAYS remind me of that year:

"And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing's changed at all?"
"Pompeii"
Bastille

"'Cause you make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven for too lo-o-o-ong!"
"Locked out of Heaven"
Bruno Mars

"Just know you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna make this place your home."
"Home"
Phillip Phillips

"And we danced, and we cried, and we laughed, and had a really really really good time." (Not poetic... but it was true.)
"And We Danced"
Macklemore feat. Ziggy Stardust

"One day, baby, we'll be old, think of all the stories that we could have told."
"One Day / Reckoning Song"
Asaf Avidan

"Don't you worry, don't you worry child, 'cause heaven's got a plan for you..."
"Don't You Worry Child"
Swedish House Mafia

And more I need to add...

No comments:

Post a Comment