a TAPIF language assistant blog / un blog d’une assistante d’anglais

Like "So you think you can France?" Come join me at my new home, Katy on the Road!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

One week to go!

To commemorate my "d minus one week" mark (!), here are some fun pictures for you!

My best friends Amy and Shannon are pretty much amazing,
and gave me a little lakehouse sleepover shindig complete with Bon Voyage décor and fondue! 
It was a great time spent with some of my closest friends,
and it reminded me how truly blessed I am.

J'adore ça! Also, I so regret not taking a picture of the
whole fondue setup. It was beautiful (and delicious!) and
perfect for a French-themed going-away party.

This beautiful journal is a gift from Spanish Aaron.
It's to serve as a reminder to take in and reflect upon my experiences.
(Let's hope I write in it! I'm not always great about that.)

Thanks to Half Price Books, I'm currently reading this memoir 
by Harriet Welty Rochefort, a woman from Iowa who married a Frenchman 
and has lived in Paris for 20 years. It's got some interesting perspectives
on cultural differences, and it's turning out to be a super quick read!

Some baby dog is suspicious.
And apparently wants to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment