a TAPIF language assistant blog / un blog d’une assistante d’anglais

Like "So you think you can France?" Come join me at my new home, Katy on the Road!

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Where You Are

Well, for those of you who don't know, I'm in Germany with the lovely Irene and her wonderful family for Christmas! I took a flight from Toulouse to Munich on Thursday the 20th (by the way, I do NOT suggest flying if you're sick and have inflamed sinuses... just fyi... ask me that story sometime.) and have already spent a very merry five days here in Bavaria. Seriously, just wait until you hear stories and see pictures (coming soon)!

However, just for today, I'd like to point out that this is a strange Christmas, because it's the only Christmas I've ever not been with my family in Fort Worth, Texas. I might add, for any of you who somehow do not know, that Fort Worth has pretty crazy weather. Sometimes it's cold at Christmas, sometimes it's warm. We're not really a "winter wonderland" kind of holiday vacation destination. Last night, it apparently thunderstormed all night.

I'd also like to point out that I'm spending Christmas in southern Germany, near the Alps. (I went on a walk today and actually saw Alps. Beautiful. Pictures to come.) Usually, it's very cold here at Christmas. It often snows.

All of this information can help you understand why it is absolutely CRAZY that today I strolled around in the sunshine at about 50°F (around 10°C), while it was 28°F (around -2°C) in Fort Worth, Texas. And it looked like this.

Seriously. The only Christmas I haven't spent at home is the first White Christmas during my lifetime. Of course it is.

Oh well. Moral of the story is: Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël, Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale, and Frohe Weihnachten from me to all of y'all! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment