a TAPIF language assistant blog / un blog d’une assistante d’anglais

Like "So you think you can France?" Come join me at my new home, Katy on the Road!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Leftover Autumn

Well, I decided to share a few random photos I have leftover from fall in Narbonne before I start throwing Christmas pictures all over the place up in here!


This is what's called a happenin' Friday night when it's your first weekend in the country for five weeks and you're sick. Just fyi.

And this is what payday looks like. Also on my fleece you can see that Tex is the Carrefour brand. Texas is always with me in some form or another. :)




Of course the construction followed me from the DFDubb all the way to Narbonne. The entire area by the canal has been under construction since I got here. And will probably be done a week after I leave. Also, my school is under construction. I'm a magnet, I guess.





the view from the living room in Violeta's very temporary home
(a story which I may or may not explain on the blog, ha)

same story, but bedroom window

Annnnd your final picture is actually Christmas-y! Here's the box of chocolates (no longer full of chocolates) that I got during the weekend chez Cathy, and an advent calendar card from Irene to help me countdown the days til Christmas (and til I go to Germany) - it now has nine windows open!

Coming soon: Christmas markets, Carcassonne, immigration details, and perhaps a few tales of our adventures in Narbonne!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the postcard! It is on proud display in our apartment! I'm loving seeing even more pics of your city. Stay warm!
    -Mattie

    ReplyDelete