a TAPIF language assistant blog / un blog d’une assistante d’anglais

Like "So you think you can France?" Come join me at my new home, Katy on the Road!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Time for a BREAK!

Most of you are in the loop, but just in case you haven't gotten the memo... I'm on vacation. Again.

That's right, mes amis. It's time for the THIRD (and final) two-week long school break of the year. This time, it's our vacances d'hiver (winter vacation).

Listen, a girl can only take so many 12-hour work weeks before she needs a break.

And by "so many" I mean seven. It's been seven weeks since my last vacation.

What adventures await me this time, you may ask?!


You have no idea how many attempts it took us to get a couple good ones of these.

For the FOURTH time in a calendar year (March '12 - Texas, September & December '12 - Germany, February '13 - France), I am getting to spend time with Irene. She is spending a week with me in southern France, just hanging out, fighting the wind, trying to soak up the sun (when we're not being blown away), watching movies, eating pastries, drinking tea, riding trains, meeting my friends, and generally having the fun. So far? Narbonne, Carcassonne, Montpellier, Sète. Coming soon? Perpignan & Toulouse. We're trying to profite au maximum from our time together - the most time we've been able to spend just relaxing together since 2009. 

And then...

That's right. Both photos feature alliteration. Get on board.

YES. On Saturday, I am heading with several other Narbonne assistants to MOROCCO. As in AFRICA. As in I'll be on a whole brand-new continent within the week. (!!!!!!)

I know Morocco is kind of cheating when it comes to traveling to Africa as it's comparatively westernized, but hey, it's a start. And this is the most adventurous/"different" place I'll ever have been. HERE. WE. GO.

Lottie & Emily (two other English assistants in Narbo) and I will be joining Carmen and Violeta in Marrakesh. We'll also meet up with Zack (the Canadian assistant of recent kebab fame) and his girlfriend Lyndsay. It's going to be a smashing good time, and our #1 goal is to ride camels, so stay tuned.

Tons upon tons of pictures will be showing up at some point. That point is not today.

Adventure awaits!

ps: It is someone very special's 8TH birthday today! Maddie, you officially have my permission to turn 8! JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE!

No comments:

Post a Comment